Wednesday 3 April 2013

Hello Summer... Hello Sunglasses

Summer is here!!!! Or at least almost! Since today was one of the sunniest days we have had in a long time, it was the first time I'd had my shades on in months and let me tell you it made me feel relieved because once the sunnies come out- summer is around the corner which means college is ending soon.

During the summer, your sunglasses become your best friend. I'm a massive fan of Ray Ban's Wayfarers and Clubmasters... I was in a local shop last week and fell in love with a air of black Ray Ban Clubmasters, officially saving up for them, they were fab. I probably own to many sunglasses but my logic is they will always be needed. They are celebrities favourite accessories and I understand why... Once you find that pair that you adore they are a friend for life... from the second they sit on your ears and rest on your cheeks.

I found a few amazing pair this year in my local Brown Thomas and let me tell you trends are forming... From cat eye shaped, to the Clubmasters, and some are so extravagant that they can only be loved by those few celebrities such as Lady Gaga and Rihanna has worn her fair share of crazy specs.

The come in many shapes- from diamond, circular, square and even hexagonal as seen in the papers on the amazing Miranda Kerr and Rihanna a week later. The shape you wear obviously depends on the shape of your face... But oversized sunnies are always a way to start, just like the oversized bag- always a must have item.

The colours you can get them in are basically endless... I own a pair of red and white Wayfarers, and a pair with a bollard ball pattern on the inside... My brother recently got a pair with maps on the inside... As I said endless colours and Ray Bans definitely takes the crown in having a colour for everyone.

Nicole Richie and the Kardashian sisters are fond of the cat eyes... Twilight actors Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are major fans of the Clubmasters.
Rihanna has had her hands of quite a few Channel glasses and I can safely say she can pull of the crazy specs.

Designs were seen on the Spring catwalks this year from most designers including Ralph Lauren, Gucci, Lacoste, Dolce and Gabbana... Every great designer needs amazing designs and this years sunglasses are hard to beat.

I'd insist in investing a good pair of sunglasses and an even better hard protective case.... Once you get a good pair you will take better care of them believe me- It's the truth

Xx



























































No comments:

Post a Comment